Repairs, reel servicing & rod building from (ex) Trafford Angling Supplies longest serving staff member Dave,

with over 25 years in the industry, and creator of the TBR2 Barbel Tripod.

Friday 19 June 2015

Happy new River season !

Well the new season's finally here, my start wasn't too clever on the River Severn, with just a chub, a 5lb bream, and sunburn to show for my efforts ! And apparently, I did OK compared to half a dozen others there who blanked ! The bream was full of breeding tubercles, so I think that tells it's own tale  . . . . .

Inbetween a few services I dug a bit of kit out. . . . .

So I thought I'd get ahead of myself in a rare moment of forward thinking efficiency by making some heavy leads for when the inevitable rainy season starts  . . . . . . . .

So i cobbled together a mould (smartgrip mould) and a few tools......

 Dug out my trusty Hippolito stove and filled it with paraffin. . . . . .


 A bit of extra help from a gas torch to get the lead to temp' and away we go. . . .

 Here's a few from the batch I knocked up that were then powder coated.....

 The finished article :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment